Tuesday, March 21, 2006

much ado about marche

i juz had lunch with mum and rania at marche. it was my first time though my office is located juz above it. to tell u the truth, i dont know what the fuss is all about. most of the ppl i've met think highly of that place. i did go inside once to check it out with hubby but we ended up eating at dikayu nasi kandar coz we didnt see anything we like. this time, i went coz mum wanted to. so, she ordered salad, i ordered pizza for rania and fettucine carbonara for my humble self. both of us had the same drink which was strawberry lemonade and it tasted awful. i requested for 'strictly no ice' and the nepalese guy still put some ice in it. salad was ok, pizza wasnt that good and as for carbonara...let's juz say that i could get a much better one at other places. (read : italiannies). i would have guessed the bill would come up to around rm 50.00 but no, it was rm 81.02. i was shocked, mum was shocked too. i dont mind paying that much if the food was really, really good. infact, for that price, i could get a very satisfying meal at chilis. on our way to borders, me and mum were still discussing the price. to me, it was exorbitant. maybe not to others but to me, yes it was indeed. so, that will be the first and the last time for me. perhaps i will have to go in the future juz in case some friends or colleagues wanted to hold a bday celebration. other than that, i dont think i would want marche to rip me off my $$.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home