Friday, March 17, 2006

missing a brother

i only have one younger sis and one younger bro. my bro is so far away, tucked in safely and comfortably in the most beautiful country in the world (as declared by some). too bad i didnt have the chance to go due to pregnancy. he called us yesterday and wanted to talk to my ever-talkative little girl. she counqered my phone with her left hand while the other was focussing on surfing the net. for a 4-year-old, she didnt have to go to any pre-school to learn how to operate d pc. we missed him once in a while. but i think my mum missed him all d time. when he first left, mum cried every time she performed the maghrib prayers coz that was the time when my bro would always come home from his college.
though it's been almost a year he's gone, we can feel the emptiness of him not being around. he's the reliable one to everybody, be it mum, me or even sis. he's like the MCGYVER of the house. to think that he'll be where he is now would be a far-fetched idea for some 10 years ago. unlike me, he's humble and liked by most ppl. my little girl definitely missed his antiques of chasing and wanting to bite her 'butt'. a few weeks b4 he was supposed to leave, he will take 2 hrs to buy gardenia bread for mum and he will not mind going out again, pretending that he forgot what else was on the list. that's when we knew he was seeing a girl, alright. and me being the eldest will tease him endlessly.
i really hope that he wont disappoint me (esp) by not attending any of the world cup games. it's true the tickets are expensive but this is a once-in-lifetime opportunity.
so, UDIN, u'd better go and buy those tickets fast!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and udin, since u r there already.. mind packing one swiss hunk for me..u know just in case i might need some cooling off for the hot days here ;)

hv fun kiddo..bear in mind, u hv one proud k.long at home waiting for u..(believe me, im the listening ears..)

Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger cikmilah said...

udin, jgn lupa i-pod shuffle k-ida. kalau takde, mana2 swiss guy pun jadikla...hehe

Monday, March 20, 2006 11:33:00 AM  
Anonymous dragon minx said...

dear... x sengaje tr'sebak' plak bace ur writing nih... me, myself now always missing my younger brothers... 0-(

Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home