Wednesday, March 15, 2006

when good manners matters

took half-day leave yesterday to accompany mum. we went to seremban to visit my aunt who recently juz gave birth. showed my little girl the place where i grew up. passed by our former house which we sold recently. it was really worth taking the trip as i explained every single thing i passed by to my daughter. the infamous golf club where my dad used to tee-off every afternoon, the house where me and sis went for 'mengaji', the extended-version bookstore next to KFC in town, mum's favourite jewellery shop in wisma punca emas and my brother's primary school which is juz behind our house. too bad we didnt have much time to go to our favourite kopitiam place in town.
back to visiting my aunt. i noticed that kids nowadays dont always shake hands in a proper way anymore. we malays always emphasized on 'salam' and 'cium tangan' with both hands. i still do that everytime i see my relatives. but some juz do it as if they're shaking hands with FRIENDS. and these kids are only in their primaries and secondaries. if now they can do it for the sake of juz doing it, what will happen when they grow older and when they no longer have to listen to their parents anymore? though no doubt we may not like each other but u must always respect the elders no matter what. i do despise some of my uncles for unforgettable things they've done to me and sis when we were small but nevertheless, u live in a society where minding ur manners is the highest order of the day.
as for me, how i evaluate ppl nowadays is thru their manners. i dont care if u're multi-rich or poor as long as u have good manners, u're definitely in my good books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home