Sunday, March 05, 2006

great expectations

on saturday, supposed to have lunch with an ex-colleague. she cancelled last week so i was looking forward to this week actually. i'm always punctual when it comes to appointment so, by 11.30 i was ready to go. she called to cancel again 10 minutes later. i didnt sound upset over the phone but at that moment, i didnt believe whatever reasons or excuses that she gave me. for the past 2 years, i've always put into consideration some scepticism in my heart. i've learned not to have any expectations at all from anybody. coz if u expect too much, it will lead to disappointment, frustration and anger. i used to be depressed over small things if they didnt go my way or at least the way i expected it to be. then i realised that i cant expect things or ppl to go my way all the time. when i finally came into terms with the expectation thingy, i was calmer though sometimes the withdrawal symptoms came into the picture. it was very difficult at first but i managed to control it up until now.
luckily, i have my little girl to keep me sane. with hubby at work most of the time, mum with dad some 300km away, i could go crazy with no one to talk to. i thank GOD for blessing me with an extremely intelligent daughter that i can converse and play with. without her coming into my life, i wouldnt have come into my senses.
back to my ex-colleague who dumped me, though she promised to call next week and to meet up again, i dont think i'll be interested anymore.
coz my time is precious too..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home