Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the harmony silk factory

i wrote a long piece of notes yesterday which was supposed to be posted to my blog but all of a sudden, it was gone juz like that. i blame it on my office's pc. it was about what i did during weekend. but nevermind, i'm not gonna go thru all that again. yesterday was really a monday blues for me. the wireman guy was supposed to come to my house to fix my living room's lamp at 1.00pm. i waited until 2.00, still no sign of him. i called and he said he'll come around 3.30. he was juz around the corner installing sthing at a nearby house. 5.00pm, still no sign of him. he called at 5.30 to ask for direction. wasnt he supposed to be juz nearby? finally at 6.00pm, he came and it lasted until 7.30. i had to miss going to work for the afternoon session, i was late in picking up my daughter and i was bloody hungry coz i didnt have lunch at all.
another 'monday-blues-thing' that really pissed me off was when i had to waste my time reading a book that was not worth reading. and to think that the book actually won a big prize internationally. the harmony silk factory by tash aw. what a BORE!! i did skip a few pages when i started so i proceeded to the middle section. it was okay for only 20 pages and that's the time when i knew i had to put down the book for good. but my conscience advised against it. i paid for the book so at least i gotta finish it no matter what. i did finish the book but it was more like skimming and scanning, that's all. at the end of it, i cursed at the cover for making me took a second glance when i first spotted it at borders. those who have read, please let me know whether u share the same sentiment or perhaps u could tell me which part that was so interesting to the extend that it was 'unptdownable'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home