Friday, March 31, 2006

good time, great taste

i went for my routine check-up this morning. hubby picked me up and dropped me off. parking was always impossible. half an hour later, i was done with everything. my urine's fine, blood pressure's fine and the baby's fine (my utmost concern). went back to my workplace to have lunch with hubby. i had a big portion of sandwiches at o'brien's. i always enjoy my limited time with hubby. that's when we gossip about everything. he would tell me about his work, his collegues and staff. i, on the other hand, would update him on any gossips i heard from my friends and mum. that's how we unwind, i guess. sometimes we talked about our beloved miss 'kay-poh' and her antiques and how she bullied my mum all the time, demanding this and that. i gotta say that it takes a lot of effort to make a marriage work. we may have our ups and downs but what's important is the perseverance and the lessons we learned along the way. good start, bad start? it doesnt matter. it's how u overcome the problems. i may have hurt him in some ways and vice-versa but we tend to forgive and forget. it cant be explained. we have our own shortcomings and we try to accept whatever flaws that the other party has. i later learned that i need to change first in order for the other party to change. yeah, it takes time but patience is a virtue. and again and again, time is the best healer, i must say. i used to pinpoint flaws but i dont do that now. if problem arises, i juz keep reminding myself that i'm lucky to be where i am today, lucky to have what i have today and nothing can break us apart.
to err is human, to forgive is divine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home