Tuesday, April 25, 2006

when no means NO!!

i have one annoying insurance agent. juz before i went for umrah, i met up with him at my office to renew my insurance and my daughter's. i dont think i want to meet up with him again for the next 12 months. the signing and filling up forms were done within 5 minutes. and so, when he called me after i got back, i was so annoyed. he knew i never pick up any of his calls so he called me up from a different number. he wanted to come again to have a 'cuppa'. i told him i was very busy and i didnt have time to entertain his visit. i asked what was it all about and he said something about capital guaranteed investment plus unit trust. i told him off by saying i wasnt interested at all. then, he smsed me to ask whether can he have a 'cuppa' anyway. it was soooooooooo annoying that i didnt respond at all. and today, he called from a very strange number that i thot only overseas ppl used the number. i picked up thinking it was my brother who called. and when i heard his voice, i was again annoyed. he insisted on coming to my office and i said, 'up to you but i'm very busy.' he came at 3pm and i gave him the disinterested look and told him that i can only spare 5 minutes. he explained the investment plan thing and immediately after he's done, i said i wasnt interested at all. he asked why and i explained that we bumis have other channels to invest that give more returns than what you're offering rite now. i left him abruptly without even saying thank you. i told him many times not to come coz i wasnt interested but he insisted on coming. i didnt feel guilty at all coz i was honest in the first place but he juz didnt get it.
this wasnt the first time. he did it once when he wanted to deliver a gift from the company for the coming new year. i have been making myself unavailable for a long time until he finally giva up and he delivered the gift at my house. luckily, i wasnt around. can u imagine someone coming to your house unannounced? i wouldnt mind if it was my relatives or friends. when i checked, it was only a tiny organizer that can fit my post box. apparently, he wanted to explain to me about will-writing. Gosh!
that reminds me of a friend who always think highly of himself. more on him later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home